Covid 19 Updates:
Please review the following procedures that we have put in place to help keep everyone safe during the Covid 19 pandemic. Our number one priority is keeping everyone safe and it’s very important that we don’t get complacent with the procedures that we have put into place. For more information, please view our ‘Covid Guide’ from the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swim Cap
- Flippers (LTS Endurance and Squad Swimmers)
- Great Attitude and willingness to learn
- Goggles are optional for all swim levels.
- For Parent and Baby/Toddler classes we recommend the parents wear a rash vest as some of the activities will involve your baby/toddler grabbing on to you.
- All other swim levels we ask your child wears age appropriate swimmers and is suitable for the activity undertaken.
- To ensure your child is well enough to attend their swim class
- To arrive ready for their swimming lesson, 5 minutes earlier
- To ensure your fees are paid on time
- To supervise your children before and after their swimming class
- To supervise any siblings during a class and ensure they are not talking to teacher or putting their hands in the pool. This is to ensure the safety of the children in the class is not jeopardised.
- To praise and encourage your child while they are in their class
- All children in the parent and baby/toddler classes will need 1 parent per child in the pool at all times.
- All LTS classes a parent/guardian will need to be in attendance.
- Yes, all children will need to wear a swim nappy until they are 100% toilet trained. The nappies can either be disposable or reusable.
- Yes, we do offer make up classes when given 4 hours notice through the portal. For those that inform us via text within the 4 hours, we appreciate you informing us.
- Due to the current climate with COVID-19 and not wanting families here when sick, we have unlimited make ups available throughout the semester.
- All make up classes expire at the end of the semester.
- Click here to review our terms and conditions on Make-up classes.
- It is the responsibility of each family to ensure your make up classes are fulfilled through the portal and is subject to availability.
- We will continue to swim in rain, however storms with lightning we will cancel classes and you will be notified via email/SMS. A make up class will be given and can be managed by yourself in the customer portal, these will expire at the end of the term.
- Lessons will go ahead until the storm hits, if this occurs you will be notified accordingly.
- Please be aware that it is your choice to bring your child in the rain as storms can be more fierce within a 3km radius than here. Our swimmers get wet anyway and this also gives swimmers an opportunity to learn to swim under different climate and conditions.
- We do not swim on public holidays and this is reflected in your fees.
- Yes our teachers are all AUSTSWIM qualified and all hold their First Aid/CPR certificate.
- All our teachers hold a Blue Card and
- All our teachers have a love of teaching children and are downright AWESOME!!!!
- As of 2021 – 2022 we have changed to automatic enrolment from semester/ term to semester/term. We will send out an email asking of your intentions for the upcoming term 4 weeks prior to the end of the current term/ semester It will be assumed you will continue swimming for the following term if we don’t hear from you. If you wish to stop swimming, please email admin to arrange this.
- Do we do refunds? No, we do not do refunds. When you enrol your child, it is for the whole semester. Exceptional circumstances will be taken into advisement.
- Sun cream is encouraged. Please ensure you read the label as some sun creams are activated 20 minutes before hopping into the pool.
- We do not supply suncream due to reactions of some children.
We do swim on pupil free days
- All new students will need to contact Admin to speak with someone about what your child’s ability and which level is best suited to begin with. Our philosophy at Sue Mickelson Swimming is to start them at a lower level initially to gain confidence, get to know the teacher and the way we operate before progressing to a higher level. No one wants to struggle in their class at a new swim school.
- Throughout the term, our teachers are constantly reviewing your child and their ability in their lesson. We will let you know when they are ready to progress to the next level. This is based on their ability, age and maturity.
- Contact Sue and outline any concerns you might have about your child’s progression. We will then be able to contact you to have a chat about your child’s progress.
- The home pool is around 32 degrees which is ideal for pre-school aged Learn to Swim.
- The home pool is an outside pool that has 2 x 4M umbrella to help shelter your children from the sun.
46 Craigslea St, Chermside West. 4032
- $20 per lesson (30min)
- $35 (2 lessons per week) 30 min x 2
- $40 private lesson (20 min)
- Learn to Swim Classes are 30 minutes
- Private lesson 20 minutes
- All fees are to be paid prior to the commencement of the term unless you have elected to pay by Ezydebit.
- All fees are to be paid prior to swimming commences. All fees can be paid via:
- BSB: 064-151
- ACT: 1038 4708
- Sue Mickelson Swimming
- Credit/Debit card via the family portal
- Using our Direct Debit (Exydebit) payment plan
- Yes we do offer a family discount for 4 or more children from immediate family and residing at the same residential address. 4th child is 50% discount
- No we don’t have a registration or booking fee
Log into the Family Login page to manage your Families swim lessons.
Terms and Conditions
Make ups are unlimited per swim semester.
Notification for non-attendance MUST be provided within 4 hours through the Family Portal for a make up class to apply. This is to allow time for another family to book in. This generates a make-up class to be used at a later date.
Make-ups must be used before the end of the current swim semester or they will be forfeited. They are not refundable or exchangeable for cash or credit against any current or future swim season.
It is your responsibility to find an available class through the parent portal. However, if the availability of classes is unsuitable, unfortunately, your make up class will be lost. Any unused make up classes will be forfeited at the end of swim semester. They are not refundable or exchangeable for cash or credit against any current or future swim season.