Covid 19 Updates:
Please review the following procedures that we have put in place to help keep everyone safe during the Covid 19 pandemic. Our number one priority is peeking everyone safe and it’s very important that we don’t get complacent with the procedures that we have put into place. For more information please view our ‘Covid Guide’ from the top of the page.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Swim Cap
- Flippers (LTS Endurance and Squad Swimmers)
- Great Attitude and willingness to learn
- Goggles are optional for all swim levels. Click here for our range of goggles.
- For Parent and Baby/Toddler classes we recommend the parents wear a rash vest as some of the activities will involve your baby/toddler grabbing on to you.
- All other swim levels we ask your child wears age appropriate swimmers and is suitable for the activity undertaken.
- To ensure your child is well enough to attend their swim class
- To arrive ready for their swimming lesson, 5 minutes earlier
- To ensure your fees are paid on time
- To supervise your children before and after their swimming class
- To supervise any siblings during a class and ensure they are not talking to teacher or putting their hands in the pool. This is to ensure the safety of the children in the class is not jeopardised.
- To praise and encourage your child while they are in their class
- All children in the parent and baby/toddler classes will need 1 parent per child in the pool at all times.
- All LTS classes a parent/guardian will need to be in attendance.
- For the safety of LTS Endurance and squad swimmers, if you are not in attendance, please inform their teacher
- Yes, all children will need to wear a swim nappy until they are 100% toilet trained. The nappies can either be disposable or reusable.
- Yes we do offer make up classes, you are allowed 3 per term and this is only if you have notified us through the Parent Portal. These will expire at the end of the term.
- Click here to review our terms and conditions on Make-up classes.
- We will continue to swim in rain, however storms with lightning we will cancel classes and you will be notified via email/SMS. A make up class will be credited and can be managed by yourself in the customer portal, these will expire at the end of the term.
- Lessons will go ahead until the storm hits, if this occurs you will be notified accordingly
- We do not swim on public holidays and this is reflected in your fees.
- Yes our teachers are all AUSTSWIM qualified and all hold their First Aid/CPR certificate.
- All our teachers hold a Blue Card and
- All our teachers have a love of teaching children and are downright AWESOME!!!!
- As of 2019/2020 we have changed to automatic enrolment from term to term. We will send out an email asking of your intentions for the upcoming term 4 weeks prior to the end of the current term. It will be assumed you will continue swimming for the following term if we don’t hear from you. If you wish to stop swimming, please email admin to arrange this.
- Sun cream is encouraged. Please ensure you read the label as some sun creams are activated 20 minutes before hopping into the pool.
- We do not supply suncream due to reactions of some children.
We do swim on pupil free days
- All new students will need to contact Admin to speak with someone about what your child’s ability and which level is best suited to begin with. Our philosophy at Sue Mickelson Swimming is to start them at a lower level initially to gain confidence, get to know the teacher and the way we operate before progressing to a higher level. No one wants to struggle in their class at a new swim school.
- Throughout the term, our teachers are constantly reviewing your child and their ability in their lesson. We will let you know when they are ready to progress to the next level. This is based on their ability, age and maturity.
- Contact Sue and outline any concerns you might have about your child’s progression. We will then be able to contact you to have a chat about your child’s progress.
- The home pool is around 32 degrees which is ideal for pre-school aged Learn to Swim.
- The home pool is an outside pool that has a 4M umbrella to help shelter your children from the sun.
- Home Pool: 46 Craigslea St, Chermside West. 4032
- $19 per lesson
- $15 2nd lesson per week for same swimmer
- $40 group lesson
- $40 private lesson
- Learn to Swim Classes are 30 minutes
- Learn to Swim Endurance 45 minutes
- Squad 60 minutes
- Private lesson 20 minutes
- All fees are to be paid prior to the commencement of the term unless you have elected to pay by Ezydebit.
- Yes we do offer a family discount for 4 or more children from immediate family and residing at the same residential address. 4th child is 50% discount
- No we don’t have a registration or booking fee
Log into the Family Login page to manage your Families swim lessons.
Make ups are limited to 3 make up lessons per swim semester.
Notification for non-attendance MUST be provided within 4 hours through the Simply Swim portal for a make up class to apply. This is to allow time for another family to book in. This generates a make-up class to be used at a later date.
Make-ups must be used before the end of the current swim term (either 1 or 4, depending on which term you missed a class) or they will be forfeited. They are not refundable or exchangeable for cash or credit against any current or future swim season.
It is your responsibility to find an available class through the parent portal. However, if availability of classes are unsuitable, unfortunately your make up class will be lost. Any unused make up classes will be forfeited at the end of term. They are not refundable or exchangeable for cash or credit against any current or future swim season.
As to our philosophy it is teaching children water safety and learn to swim through fun.
We believe every child has the right to get the most out of their swimming class and expectations of behaviour and attitude will be expected by the teacher so the class can have fun and be rewarded with a game. Safety standards take precedence over everything and if a child is repeatedly making the lesson unsafe for them or others they will be sat on the side for a period of time before returning to the water (this is our last resort). If this behaviour continues they will removed from their class for the rest of the lesson or we will ask the parent to come in and have a chat with their child.
Once you have registered for a class an invoice will be generated and emailed to you. Once you receive this you will have 14 days to pay in full (unless you have chosen to pay by Ezydebit). If your invoice is not paid by the due date, your place in your chosen class will not be secure and it will be offered to another family as we have waitlist for many of our classes. If you are unable to pay your invoice in full by the due date, please contact admin to arrange an Ezydebit as this maybe a better option.