Have a Question?
Have a question? Good chance it has been asked before and added below for your convenience.
Can’t find what your looking for? Please contact us for more information.
- Appropriate swimmers
- Goggles (optional for all swim levels)
- Swim cap
- Great attitude and willingness to learn
- For Parent and Baby/Toddler classes we recommend the parents wear a rash vest as some of the activities will involve your baby/toddler grabbing on to you
- All other swim levels we ask your child wears age appropriate swimmers and is suitable for the activity undertaken
- To ensure your child is well enough to attend their swim class
- To arrive 5 minutes before their swimming lesson and are ready to be called in
- To ensure your fees are paid on time
- To supervise your children before and after their swimming class
- To supervise any siblings during a class and ensure they are not talking to teacher or putting their hands in the pool. This is to ensure the safety of the children in the class is not jeopardised.
- To praise and encourage your child while they are in their class
All children in the parent and baby/toddler classes will need one parent per child in the pool at all times. In the case that you have twins and if we have the available staff, a teacher may be able to assist. Please let us know ahead of time.
Yes, all children will need to wear a swim nappy until they are 100% toilet trained. The nappies can either be disposable or reusable.
- Yes, we do offer make up classes when given 4 hours notice through the portal. For those that inform us via text within the 4 hours, we appreciate you informing us.
- All make up classes expire at the end of the semester.
- It is the responsibility of each family to ensure your make up classes are fulfilled through the portal and is subject to availability.
- You do not gain a make-up lesson if you cancel a make-up lesson. Make sure you book wisely!
- We will continue to swim in rain, however in storms with lightning we will cancel classes and you will be notified via email/SMS. A make-up class will be given and can be managed by yourself in the customer portal, these will expire at the end of the term.
- Lessons will go ahead until the storm hits, if this occurs you will be notified accordingly.
- Please be aware that it is your choice to bring your child in the rain as storms can be more fierce within a 3km radius than here. Our swimmers get wet anyway and this also gives swimmers an opportunity to learn to swim under different climate and conditions.
- If early on a day with storm forecasts you don’t feel safe coming, please cancel within four hours. You can always rebook if the storm passes and there is class availability.
No, we do not swim on public holidays and this is reflected in your fees.
Yes, we do swim on pupil free days.
- Yes our teachers are all AUSTSWIM qualified and all hold their updated CPR certificate.
- All our teachers hold a Blue Card and
- All our teachers have a love of teaching children and are downright AWESOME!!!
We do not do refunds. When you enroll your child, it is for the whole semester. Exceptional circumstances will be taken into advisement.
- Sunscreen is encouraged. Please ensure you read the label as some sun creams are activated 20 minutes before hopping into the pool.
- We do not supply sunscreen due to reactions of some children.
- New students: We need information before we put your child into a level. Please fill out the enquiry form and we will be in contact. Our philosophy at Sue Mickelson Swimming is to start them at a lower level initially to gain confidence, get to know the teacher and the way we operate before progressing to a higher level. No one wants to struggle in their class at a new swim school.
- Current students: Unless you have been told by a teacher, your child will be at the same level as they were last semester.
Throughout the term, our teachers are constantly reviewing your child and their ability in their lesson. We will let you know when they are ready to progress to the next level. This is based on their ability, age and maturity.
If we find that your child is in the wrong level e.g. they are too strong for their class, we will let you know and talk about availabilities for the next level up.
Contact Sue and outline any concerns you might have about your child’s progression. We will then be able to contact you to have a chat about your child’s progress.
Private lessons may be advised to promote growth in areas your child struggles in.
The home pool is around 32 degrees which is ideal for pre-school aged Learn to Swim.
The magnesium salt in the water is also great for muscle recovery.
The pool is an outside pool that has 2×4 meter umbrellas to help shelter your children from the sun.
We recommend parking along Buran St as it connects to our entrance gate.
There is also plenty of parking along Craigslea St, but please be careful crossing the road.
No. The swimming teacher will let the children in through the gate when they are ready to ensure everyone is safe.
Either downstairs where you can watch the class on the TV, or upstairs on the grass parent area.
- All fees are to be paid prior to the commencement of the swim season unless you have made other arrangements with Sue (direct debits, etc.).
- All fees are to be paid prior to swimming commences. All fees can be paid via:
- BSB: 064-151
- ACT: 1038 4708
- Sue Mickelson Swimming
- or by Credit/Debit card via the family portal
Yes we do offer a family discount for four or more children from immediate family and residing at the same residential address. The fourth child’s enrollment is at a 50% discount.